this is a really hard one!!
They both have their own merits I guess, but at the end of the day they both serve the same musical purpose so it’s tricky to pick one over the other
I think that 2008 fits better with the rest of the song though (One secondary smile etc.) - the “clearer” sound makes for a slightly more coherent track?
OH MAN ANON YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE
- it looks like you’ve already listened to their music, but in case you haven’t listened to both of their albums all the way through you should definitely do that— marvin’s marvelous mechanical museum (2005) and then good & evil (2011)!
- then you can start tally hall’s internet show, aka THIS! it’s a surreal comedy sketch web show that they did in 2008— it includes music videos, skits, and basically just a lot of the tally hall guys being adorable and talented. it’s all up on their vimeo— i’d recommend watching episodes 1-10, the MMMM documentary, and THEN going back to watch SXSW 07, just because it’s a little bonus treat that came out after the show (even though it was filmed before).
- after you’ve laughed and cried your way through THIS you should definitely watch the boralogues next. they’re the video diaries that bora (who is basically the sixth member of tally hall) shot on tour and during the recording of G&E. bora is amazing.
- BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE!
- next, you should check out this playlist of a bunch of random TH videos that used to be up on their old website!
- at this point you will hopefully be as obsessed as me (god save ur sorry soul) and will want more, which is where the amazing fansite hiddeninthesand.com comes into play. their tally hall wiki is the ultimate source for trivia, lyrics, bios, and info for all things tally hall as well as stuff about rob, joe, & andrew’s solo projects.
- SPEAKING OF SOLO PROJECTS!!!!!!
- hawaii: part ii, joe hawley’s concept album under the name ミラクルミュージカル (miracle musical), can be bought at this convenient sellfy link! it is truly an incredible work of art and definitely worth the $11. if you’re interested in listening to it before buying, check the hawaii part ii tag on tumblr— a lot of the songs have been posted there.
- edu is andrew horowitz’s solo project, and you can listen to some tracks and buy the whole album at his bandcamp!
- and lastly and most recently, rob cantor’s fantastic album not a trampoline can be streamed & bought at his bandcamp! he also has a bunch of great videos up on his youtube channel, including his latest lip-syncing viral hit.
oh god that got long i’m so sorry but uh so YEAH, THAT IS HOW YOU GET INTO TALLY HALL, THE BEST AND MOST TRAGICALLY INACTIVE BAND THIS SIDE OF THE UNIVERSE, HAVE FUN AND DON’T END UP LIKE ME
hope you dont mind if I add some more sweet links
- The Other Way, a short film by the Hawley man
- Ross made a number of awesome mixtapes available for free download here and on the front page of his website
- If you look hard enough the more esoteric parts of their discography are seriously worth it:
- »Complete Demos (2004) (SUPER-interesting!!)
- »The Pingry EP (2005) (i dont know if anyone has the full thing actually, i think at least one track is missing)
- »Marvin’s Marvelous Mechanical Museum (2005) (THE ORIGINAL ONE - I think iTunes is selling the 2008 re-recording)
"using her fists in a scientific faction, to the delight of several colliers who were passing."
happy birthday someone
I like reblog going this becaUSE WHAT IF YOU SAW THIS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE
I have several done years of RPing, and this has taken me to countless different forums and, if you are at all familiar with RP forums, let me tell you, they were the lowest of the low some six or seven years ago.
In one of these forums, a legendary tale happened, a tale that, if I can ever recommend one thing to you, it is this:
A story that happened to an anonymous RPer years ago.
Anyone will be able to appreciate it (and trust me, you will), but if you are kinsmen or kinswomen to me, if you ever had to experience the shittiest of RP forums and their terrible userbases, particularly that one guy that does whatever he wants and is an asshole that clearly godmods but gets away with it because the actual mods don’t give a damn, you will find the beauty behind the ballad that much brighter.
Just trust me on this one. It’s not a particularly long read, either.
I hope you enjoy The Ballad of Edgardo
I would also highly recommend these illustrations, they’re kind of perfect: [click].
what happened in roughly 1870 though
why was there temporary internet
with a few people searching for pokemon?
It’s a search of Google books, but the question still stands, what the Fuck happened in 1870
I CAN ANSWER THIS!!
In the Cornish dialect of English, Pokemon meant ‘clumsy’ (pure coincidence).
In the mid 1800s there was a surge of writing about the Cornish language and dialect in an attempt to preserve them with glossaries and dictionaries being written. I wrote about it HERE.
actually i have a better explanation
people who unironically use multiple exclamation points in texts are the cutest fucking thing omfg. even mundane things are made cuter like “just got on the bus!!!! will be home soon!!!” like yeAH UR ON THE BUS U BIG CUTIE. I WILL SEE U AT HOME. LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET.